Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanks Giving

I am thankful for:

  • Art’s life that almost wasn’t in the beginning,
  • this disease for showing us the community we built everywhere we moved and didn’t know it,
  • Dr. Wolin’s nurses who “just know” when I need a good cry and push me to it,
  • the friends I have gained and for the ones I have lost. Although it is painful, lessons of the lost bonds stay with me and I am lighter for it,
  • the kids and all their inane, often obscure behavior that forces me share my feelings about this disease with them. And proving once again that honesty is the best policy,
  • the drugs that change my husband but in the end will send him back to me better, stronger and ready to live,
  • everyone that reads these posts. We feel your love, your hope, your strength (as cliché as all of those words are) and all of it makes it easier to walk this mile in our lives.

I am thankful that despite our present hardships, we have a wonderful, wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment