Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Promise Land

OK, so like this whole stem cell thing is approaching….quickly, and rather than think about what I need, I prefer to just have a crisis. They are easier for me to manage (my family history made me an expert) and no real planning is necessary. Unfortunately, I know better.

We are close enough that both of us are now willing to pick up our heads and actually look at the horizon (and how beautiful it is), but then we are tempted to look back and that would be very, very bad. Too much stuff back there. Some ugly, some gifts, and some pain, but at a glance it is too hard to differentiate. I think I will start putting up, with every step forward I take, a sign that reads “No processing allowed.” No processing until we reach “the promised land.” Thank god the promised land is almost touchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment