Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Apparently The Fat Lady Intends To Sing a Whole Different Song

Art’s back in the hospital. The brochoscopy (still love saying that word…bronc COSSSS cooooopy) resulted in unprecedented levels of “pusy” stuff. (Yes once again he is ahead of the curve). They want to start him immediately on intravenous antibiotics. They took a biopsy and will do cultures as well. Results hopefully by Friday. They are thinking infection AND BCNU damage. Interesting combination.

Both Art and I are well, laughing. We parted giggling. The prednisone has made him alive again. Besides, the good news is the cancer is still shrinking (saw the PETScan today) and he is, ya know, alert and annoyed and was shaking his head but not disillusioned or scared. I have been handling the kids by myself since he came home from the hospital so that won’t be a big shift either. In a way, it will be life as the new normal.

So don’t cry for me, Argentina (or America). I don’t feel anything at the moment except that this too shall pass. Given what we have been through, this really is a piece of cake.

BUT --- can we set up play dates for the kids this weekend. Dealing with them all day for two days is DEFINITELY beyond what I can handle! Email or call me...PLEASE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:13 PM

    I'm sure you won't remember me. We rode together with COB on Saturdays. I always looked at you knew you were strong- climbing big mountains with group 2 and keeping up with the boys and triathlons. I want you to know that I think of you and Art every day. This only confirms that you are the strongest woman I know. Keep you're chin up and breathe.
    -a

    ReplyDelete