Sunday, April 12, 2009

? I don't know what day it is.

Art is back in the hospital.

Friday was when it happened. Low white blood cells, he started a fever.

Today, Sunday, yes. That is the day today.

He has viral menengitis.

He's ... no words to describe. They are giving him support (drugs), helping it to leave his body.

It could take 24 hours.

It could take a week.

I would say I am scared, only, I .... I don't know what I feel.

I sleep here with him tonight. The kids scattered at friend's houses.

Family reinforcements arrive tomorrow.

I read to him.

I sang to him.

I held his hand.

Now I will sleep for him.

Hoping that when I wake up, I will find it was some kind of really mean joke he'd played on me.

Better that than this reality.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Kim...there really aren't words. So, instead, I'm sitting quietly here "with" you, breathing silent prayers that don't need words. ~ Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, my heart is aching for you, but I continue prayers of hope with every fiber of my being. ~ Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Kim,
    Our arms are outstretched holding you and your family as you weather this merciless storm. Allow yourself to rest in our arms knowing that when it is over we will help you get up and prepare for the next challenge.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim: Please know that I am thinking about you and Art as you go through one challenge after another. My prayers are with you both.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:11 AM

    Dear Lord,

    Please help! Please bolster our faith. We can't do this without You!

    Your trusting children

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kim,
    Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Art. I am so sorry to hear about this latest setback.
    Love to you both,
    Eleanor Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Brown11:33 AM

    Kim,
    with a heavy heart
    and open arms,
    I invite
    and
    encourage you,
    to use the # on your frig,
    for anything
    not just
    the middle of the night.
    Rachel B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Hi Kim, Langsten, Pallas and Ezra,
    Peter called and told me today. I've told the community here. Words cannot express... WE have hope and love to support the faith.

    today is the day we rally once again with those "silent prayers that don't need words." Thank you, to Genie for stating so simply what is so difficult to say.

    ginnae and TMS comm. Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:03 PM

    My heart is there with you, Art, and the kids. I am sending you all my love and prayers. I miss you guys so much. I have seen the strength your family has to pull through difficult times and I know you will again. May god, continue to give you strength. Give Pallas and Ezra big hugs from me and know that even though I am not at PS 1 anymore, my heart is there with you.
    Love, Jaime

    ReplyDelete